EVENT: AKUMAKON 20th – 22nd January 2012 NUIG
The second year for this convention in Galway, and it is looking very slick to say the least. Lots of info on it via their website http://www.akumakon.com/index.php and constant updates on their facebook page http://www.facebook.com/Akumakon?sk=info and twitter https://twitter.com/#!/akumakon
They also had a poster art competition connected in with the event, the results of which can be checked out on deviantART here: http://akumakon2012.deviantart.com/
This event promises to be a weekend packed full of interesting art and manga mixes ranging from Cosplay to workshops, video gaming events and even a panel by Sinead Lynch (Rose by Any Other Name – Tokyopop story with art by Leeanne Hamilton) on Lolita fashion. Their Artists Alley will feature:
- Emma Brereton:http://emmamariabrereton.deviantart.com/
- Ruth Redmond:http://minibubble.deviantart.com/
- Catherine O’Kane:http://tinysaucepan.deviantart.com/
- Una Gallagher:http://morayah.deviantart.com/
- Emi Suarez:http://m-e-emi.deviantart.com/
- Naomi Bolger:http://naomi-bomb.deviantart.com/gallery/
- Hannah Farrell:http://hanerz.deviantart.com/
- Kate Calvin:http://kattermerang.deviantart.com/gallery/
- Ann Marie Burke:http://bubblecat.deviantart.com/
- Leeona Duff: JustArtsLaois
Entry fee for the weekend is stated at around 20euros, they don’t expect it to change but there doesn’t appear to be a fixed price on it either. This will no doubt change closer to the time and by the looks of their media coverage, they’ll make it well known.
Either way check out their sites and pages just to get a vibe for the enthusiasm of the whole event. The committee members have done a brilliant job on really promoting the event and providing a ton of info for those not in the know about it…so hats off to them and I hope it’s a great success.