EVENT: Independents Day 22nd April
INDEPENDENTS DAY 2012
Independents Day has normally been held late in the year but for 2011 it got stalled. So now we see it returning in 2012 with a new date of 22nd April – fresh start for Spring.
There are currently no further details on their blog – http://independentsdaydublin.blogspot.com/ so for the moment we can only confirm the above date from the blog which falls on a Sunday. Previous years have seen some top posters produced for the event so I’m hoping they’ll be running the same deal for this one.
For those wishing to take a table or submit free comics please read the blurb below, sent from Meyler who is the contact for the event this year:
Independents’ Day is a D.I.Y fair for zines, records, comics, info stalls, and more! With workshops, screening, performances, and exhibitions.
We are looking for exhibitors for the 2012 fair, (Dublin Food Co-op on Newmarket Square). We encourage first-time exhibitors and self-publishers!
To get involved:
1. please read the terms and conditions;
2. fill out the form below and email it to email@example.com;
3. send your €5 registration fee to Independents’ Day c/o The Dublin Food Co-op, 12 Newmarket, Dublin 8, Ireland.
There will also be and open table if you want to sell/trade/give away one zine or comic. Space will be limited, so please come early, and if your merch is on the table, make sure you stick around- we won’t be supervising!
Feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org with your questions. Dublin Food Co-op is wheelchair accessible. We will confirm complete registrations as they come in.
Terms and Conditions
– Each ½ table space includes one chair.
– Table spaces are available on a first come first served basis.
– The show is open for exhibitor set up from 10.30am and to the public from 11am – 5pm. By booking a table with us you agree to have your table set up by 11am and not take your stall down till 5pm.
– In the event of an exhibitor failing to show, monies paid are nonrefundable and nontransferable.
– Cancellation of exhibitor space must be made before April 15th. We cannot refund your payment after this date.
– We want to keep the event as open and family friendly as possible, with this in mind please make sure that mature readers material is not sold, given or distributed to children.
Apply for a Table
Website (if you have one):
Name(s) of publication(s) you are selling, or name of organization you represent, or what else you’re selling (DIY crafts, badges, etc):
Table size (same fee, but please pick the one that you can fill!):
½ table full table